The way you approach the Day, each day, is critical to your health and wellness. The awakening process is just as important as preparing for bed. The moment you open your eyes and the moments before stepping out of the bed are often overlooked and undervalued. Developing an awakening routine is like medicine for your mind, body, and spirit. Your devotion to starting the day with a self-care process is necessary. It should not be approached as a religious ritual, but as a commitment to centering and aligning with your Higher Self that is perfected in health, joy, and peace. I learned about the opening process paraphrased below in a course with Iyanla Vanzant. It is such a vital concept to wholeness that I am compelled to share this process with you as it pertains to starting your day.
Simple opening process for centering Self and transforming your mind:
- Breathe – Becoming present and focusing your awareness of God’s presence. Acknowledge that in God you move, be, and have your Being. in God… in Breath…Breathing brings awareness that there is a force beyond your control, beyond your thinking; that in silence, there is power and the knowing that in the inhale and exhale of breath, all your needs are meet. There is a connection to your inner Self. You are supported by your breath. Your breath carries light and oxygen to every atom in you. When you breathe, you are releasing tension and bringing in clarity. There are many breathing techniques that you can follow, but here are three favorites
- Nose-Head Association: Imagine a nose is in the center of your chest and breathe in slowly and quietly. Now exhale from your mouth while imagining your mouth at the top of your head. The exhale is audible.
- Breathe 4-7-8: This form of breathing requires the exhale to be twice as long as the inhale. With the mouth closed and the tip of your tongue against the ridge of mouth just behind your upper front teeth, inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven, and then exhale completely and audibly through your mouth to a count of eight. Repeat the breath cycle for a total of four cycles. This relaxing technique will help the nervous system.
- Deep Breathing: This form of breathing means doing it slowly and deeply from the belly. Real breath must come from the center of the body. With every inhalation, the belly should expand, and it should deflate with every exhalation. Each breath must be a full, complete inhale and total, complete exhale. If not, we are simply circulating toxins and killing off our brain cells.
- Open Your Heart – When you focus on breath, thanksgiving is a natural outflow. There is magic in the awareness that a new day has dawned, and the breath is evidence of life. It is the gift of life. The God energy of your Higher Self. God is in each breath. Nothing on your agenda would even happen without this gift. So pausing to recognize Life elevates you. And it is good. Focus on the goodness.
- Invite In Spiritual Help – “standing on the shoulders of those who’ve gone before us,” is a saying rooted in African tradition. Likewise, in Christian practices, the Holy Spirit is the internal teacher and counselor of Self. In many cultures, invoking spiritual help is a necessary practice as the Spirit works by invitation. Acknowledging that you can summons help from the Holy Spirit, spiritual guides, guardians, and angels, as well as transcend physical limitations, speaks to your divine nature and not just your human nature. At this point, it doesn’t matter what is before you or ahead of you, you are not facing the day alone.
- Set an Intention – what do you want to experience or understand this Day. Repeat aloud, “it is my intention to…” Envision and imagine the day as you want it to be. ONLY consider positive outcomes, those outcomes you desire and dispel all negativity.
- Pray – while focusing on your divineness, speak and share whatever is on your heart. State your requests as expectations of what you desire. Finally, declare what you have spoked by repeating aloud, “and so it is.“
With this introductory process, you are ushered into a state of Allowing. You have transformed your senses to receive the intentions you have stated. You are not alone. As you ignite the day, whatever will be, will be. Health and wellness will be the fruit of your day.
Please comment below and let me know how you feel after trying this process. Feel free to contact me if you wish to explore professional life coaching services.